16 Free Project Management Tools
Book Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
Check out this list of 16 Free Project Management Tools we compiled for you.
Download the 200+ Free Tools Special Report PDF here
- Google Apps (http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html) - There are an amazing number of business applications you can use with Google Apps in their marketplace. They are mostly suitable to Small to Medium Size enterprises and freelancers. You must have a domain registered in order to use Google Apps. Also check Google Apps Marketplace.
- Zoho Business (http://www.zoho.com) - Zoho has lots of useful applications and project management tools. It is possible to integrate Zoho with Google Apps and their free edition is free for 3 users. They offer different kinds of packages for different applications. More information about Zoho CRM can be found here: (http://www.zoho.com/crm/)
- FreedCamp (http://freedcamp.com/) - Close alternative to Basecamp. 100% free and has all major features which basecamp had. Application looks very promising, it is surely a worth to try it out.
- Dropbox - (https://www.dropbox.com/) - One of my favorite free project management tools! Free online storage and collaboration for up to 2 GB. What I love about Dropbox is that it creates a folder on your computer as well as anyone else on your team. You then decide who has permission to access the folder and then when anyone on your team updates the document, it will automatically be updated for everyone else. I used this effectively when planning a major event with team members in different cities. Worked very well!
- OnStage - (http://www.onstageportal.com/) I like their slogan very much "work smarter, not longer". Very simple interface to use. With the free version, you can manage 1 project at a time. Best thing here is that you can have unlimited users with this tool.
- Use Apollo (http://www.useapollo.com/) - You can collaborate not only on images but also on documents, graphic designs, ebooks, white papers, presentations and even floor or house plans. You can invite unlimited team members on the same document and they all communicate effectively on various types of documents. Highly useful for web designers and architects who are having complex designs and diagrams and require regular feedbacks from their clients.
- FlockDraw (http://flockdraw.com/) - Free and Collaborative Group Whiteboard. Really useful when you have virtual teams. Teams from different locations can come at single place and help in developing a nice idea. Good for brainstorming sessions.
- Goplan - (http://goplanapp.com/) Goplan project management tools allows you to keep track of projects and collaborate with team mates securely through a nice GUI. Goplan is offering their free version for 1 project with 2 users (it is an ad-supported.)
- Collabtive - (http://collabtive.o-dyn.de/) It is an easy to install this completely free project management application. You can also import basecamp projects to this application. You can get the complete source code of this open source application and can be easily be configured on a linux server.
- AirSet - (http://www.airset.com) I am sure you have heard about "Cloud Computing" but have you ever heard about "Cloud Personal Computer"? If not then Airset is something you'll want to check out. You can organize your contacts and calendars while on move. "Free for Lifetime" account has all major features and comes with 100MB file storage limitations which superb.
- MyIntervals (http://www.myintervals.com) - myIntervals project management tools has been praised by many customers (Few important testimonials you can check it out here: http://www.myintervals.com/happy.php). Free plan offers one active project, one active client, one invoice and four active users. (Free plan does not include: SSL or document storage.) They have plans ranging from $20 to $175 per month.
- Project Pier (http://www.projectpier.org/) - Free Open Source PHP based web application. If you have a technical person, he can definitely customize this whole application. Even if you choose to decide to use standard features available with project pier, they can still be very useful.
- ClockingIt (http://www.clockingit.com/) - 100% free, open source feature-rich open source application to manage your time and projects. This application is available not only in English but also in French, Spanish, Basque, Italian, German, Dutch, Polish, Hebrew, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish. Good for all the European users out there :)
- TimeToNote (http://www.timetonote.com) - Gmail integration, shared contacts and groups, tasks, file attachments and project management - these are some of the popular features of TimeToNote. Its free version comes with a limitation of 2 users, 5MB storage, 10 Projects, 250 contacts and standard security. Premium version is available at $20 per month.
- Nextup (http://nextup.info/) - If you want to finish your meeting on scheduled time, you surely need this tool. I read somewhere that managers in US spend approx. 38% of their working time doing meetings. Nextup is a great tool to increase productivity during meetings. Now, finish all your meetings on time every time!
- Redmine (http://www.redmine.org/) - Effective and Flexible Project Management Online Application. It has many features but some of my favorites are: multiple projects support, flexible role based access control, Gantt chart and Calendar, Per Project Wiki and Forums. Online demo can be found here; http://demo.redmine.org/
Share The Free Tools You Use
What other free tools do you use that we didn't list? Share the tool, the website to find the tool and why you like it.
My Free Gift to You?
Download my 36-page free report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools" as a handy reference.
When you subscribe to my "Self Publishing Tips" newsletter you'll get:
- Free PDF report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools"
- Free Book Interior Template (.doc)
- Free Book Cover Template (.psd)
- Free tips and advice about self publishing
Sign up now:
More Free Book Marketing and Author Tools
26 Free Author Tools
Free Mind Mapping Software
and Outliners/Brainstorming Tools
5 Free Word Processors
& Office Suites
Note Taking Software
- 8 Tools to Keep You Organzied
Free Productivity Software
- 8 Tools to Help You Get Things Done
7 Free PDF Conversion Tools
6 Online Document Sharing Tools
Free Video Editing Software
and Other Cool Video Tools
6 Free Screen Capture Tools
5 Places to Find Royalty Free Images for Free
14 Free Graphic Editors
2 Free Book Cover Software
9 Free Graphic Generators
2 Free Audio Tools
5 Free Conference Phone Calls & Teleseminar Tools
11 Free Email Marketing Software and Tools
7 Free Web Video Conferencing and Webinar Tools
16 Free Project Management Tools
9 Free Invoice Software and Tools
6 Free Web Site Shopping Cart and Checkout Systems
7 Free Blog Sites and Tools
7 Free Website Building Tools
7 Free Social Media Tools
6 Free Online Marketing Tools and SEO
3 Print on Demand Service Companies (mugs, hats, t-shirts, etc.)
21 Miscellanous But Useful Free Tools
Share This Page Using The Icons Below