Free Note Taking Software
8 Tools to Keep You Organized
Check out this list of free note taking software we've compiled for you!
Download the 200+ Free Tools Special Report PDF here
- Evernote (http://www.evernote.com) - I have recently become a huge fan of Evernote. It has literally simplified my life by decluttering all my bookmarks, folders, project to do lists, etc. For example, for each new book project I start, I create a new notebook to organize all my ideas, outlines, etc. I also do this for speaking engagements and also have a separate notebook for each of my websites. Whether you are taking a text note, clip of a web page, recording audio or taking a photo, you can store all these things in Evernote. Plus, I can access it online, on my computer or on my phone. The free version comes with a limitation of "note allowance" upload up to 60MB per month.
- RememberTheMilk (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/) - Funny name, huh? However the idea behind Remember The Milk has caught on like wildfire. You can use this application online as well as offline. You can also manage tasks more efficiently and quickly. You can integrate this with Gmail and so much more. Check it out!
- Penzu (http://penzu.com/) - It is not exactly note taking software but it is more of like a personal diary or journal. Penzu is rich featured application. You write a personal post on Penzu. You can also include a picture on your post or note (picture can be inserted using Flickr).
- ShortText (http://www.shorttext.com/) - Very simple note taking software tool to post text online. (no sign up, no sign in required!). You simply have to write a content, enter a captcha (to provide that you are a real human, sorry!) and then press create URL. You will get a unique URL generated for your notes. Click on this link: http://shorttext.com/wbtxu35etu295 - and you will find my secret message there :)
- YourDraft (http://www.yourdraft.com/) - You get WYSIWYG editor to post contents. No registration requires using YourDraft. This will be helpful if you are looking for some senior author's help on your writings. You write an initial draft, share it with your senior person and let him edit with his ideas. You can also set up a draft for proof readers to verify. 100% free and hardly 10 secs require in order starting your first draft. (Enter your name, email address and captcha - Now start drafting!)
- Cl1p.net (http://cl1p.net/) - Cl1p.net is the internet clipboard. Choose your own unique URL, copy your contents into the box provided and then give that URL to whoever you want. They will then see the same information. Cl1p.net can be password protected or you can create a group and give access to certain people. No sign ups or sign in required. You can even create a mini message board like I did here: http://cl1p.net/200freetools/
- Fruitfultime Notekeeper (http://www.fruitfultime.com/products/notekeeper/fruitfultime-notekeeper.php) - It is an indispensable note keeper tool. When taking notes on Fruitfultime Notekeeper, you can save references of websites, photos or videos. Best thing here is that you can archive old notes too.
- Square Leaf (http://www.squareleaf.net) - With this note taking software tool, you can keep all kinds of virtual sticky notes in one place. It is easy to post as well as edit sticky notes. If they would have provided dates and timing it would have be even better.
Share The Free Tools You Use
What other free tools do you use that we didn't list? Share the tool, the website to find the tool and why you like it.
My Free Gift to You?
Download my 36-page free report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools" as a handy reference.
When you subscribe to my "Self Publishing Tips" newsletter you'll get:
- Free PDF report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools"
- Free Book Interior Template (.doc)
- Free Book Cover Template (.psd)
- Free tips and advice about self publishing
Sign up now:
More Free Book Marketing and Author Tools
26 Free Author Tools
Free Mind Mapping Software
and Outliners/Brainstorming Tools
5 Free Word Processors
& Office Suites
Note Taking Software
- 8 Tools to Keep You Organzied
Free Productivity Software
- 8 Tools to Help You Get Things Done
7 Free PDF Conversion Tools
6 Online Document Sharing Tools
Free Video Editing Software
and Other Cool Video Tools
6 Free Screen Capture Tools
5 Places to Find Royalty Free Images for Free
14 Free Graphic Editors
2 Free Book Cover Software
9 Free Graphic Generators
2 Free Audio Tools
5 Free Conference Phone Calls & Teleseminar Tools
11 Free Email Marketing Software and Tools
7 Free Web Video Conferencing and Webinar Tools
16 Free Project Management Tools
9 Free Invoice Software and Tools
6 Free Web Site Shopping Cart and Checkout Systems
7 Free Blog Sites and Tools
7 Free Website Building Tools
7 Free Social Media Tools
6 Free Online Marketing Tools and SEO
3 Print on Demand Service Companies (mugs, hats, t-shirts, etc.)
21 Miscellanous But Useful Free Tools
Share This Page Using The Icons Below