13 Free Website Building Tools
Book Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
Check out this list of 13 Free Website Building Tools we compiled for you.
Download the 200+ Free Tools Special Report PDF here
- CoffeeCup Free HTML Editor (http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/) - First program developed by CoffeeCup (established in 1996). Coffeecup's Free HTML editor is a full-featured web design system which also has built-in FTP uploading, support for HTML5 and CSS3, and 100% valid code output. For those of you who don't know programming, HTML5 & CSS3 are the latest web programming languages and 100% valid code output means you get "Your website code which is standardized as per World Wide Web Consortium".
- Arachnophilia (http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/) - This is what I now use for my websites. You do have to know basic HTML, which I've learned in bits and pieces over the years. It is freeware and you can customize the shortcuts on the top, which I love. I put all my most frequently used HTML tags into shortcut buttons along the top which makes building web pages with SBI so much faster.
- DoTemplate (http://www.dotemplate.com/) - Create fantastic website using simple online
website editor. Pickup a template which you like most, customize it online and download it for free.
It is so easy to use and no programming knowledge require. Nice free templates they have.
- WebPlus (http://www.serif.com/web-design-software/) - 100% free downloadable HTML editor software. Apart from other popular HTML editors, WebPlus has unique functionalities such as the ability to import text, images and stream Youtube videos.
- Plupper (http://www.plupper.com/) - Free Live Chat, Email, Feedback System and FAQ all in one simple interface of Plupper. You just need to copy and paste a little code in order to integrate Plupper to your website or a blog. Works pretty well with Google Talk and Meebo.
- Wufoo (http://wufoo.com) - Wufoo is a HTML form builder helps anyone create contact forms, web surveys, and invitations so can collect the data, registrations and online payments and no programming knowledge required! The free plan comes with 1 user, 3 forms, 3 reports, 10 fields and 100 entries per month.
- Webby Chat (http://www.webbychat.com/index.php) - Live Chat Software. It's free for up to
10 users. Free version has all the features which even their paid application has. The best feature is
that it is completely "ad-free". It is highly customizable too. You can check this link to understand
in how many ways you can customize this application: http://www.webbychat.com/customize.php
- Tripod by Lycos (http://www.tripod.lycos.com/) - Easy drag and drop functionality to develop a website. You don't need any programming or web design skills. If you can do few mouse clicks, you can create great looking websites in minutes. You can get a website for free for a lifetime with Tripod. (website address would be like this: http://authorname.tripod.com/, if you want to have a website shown as http://www.authorname.com, you need to buy a domain with a cost of $12.95 per year.)
- Joomla CMS (http://www.joomla.org/) - An award winning open source CMS. Joomla has tons of
extensions which can easily be integrated with the website or blog which you are developing. Millions
of websites are being developed using Joomla CMS, some of them you can find it here in the Joomla Showcase:
- Typepad (http://www.typepad.com/) - One of the prominent authors in the field of "Online Marketing" Seth Godin is using Typepad for this blog: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/. Typepad is offers a free trial, so go ahead and try it.
- Page Breeze HTML Editor (http://www.pagebreeze.com/) - A free and simple HTML editor to build webpages.
- Drupal CMS (http://drupal.org/) - Drupal is an open source content management solution which
is very helpful in building content managed website of any kind (whether it is a simple blog or enterprise
content management solution, Drupal is best to choose). Pen State university had developed a large
elearning portal using Drupal CMS: https://elearning.psu.edu/elearning/
- RemindThis (http://www.remindthis.com/) - Free reminder button to put on your website. How does it work? It is so simple. You place a "Remind This Button" on your website. A visitor will come to your website and find something interesting. Visitor will click on RemindThis button. Visitor will be reminded again to visit your website. This means "Repeat Visitors" to the website. (Customer might add your website to his favorite or bookmark, but might not visit again.)
Share The Free Tools You Use
What other free tools do you use that we didn't list? Share the tool, the website to find the tool and why you like it.
My Free Gift to You?
Download my 36-page free report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools" as a handy reference.
When you subscribe to my "Self Publishing Tips" newsletter you'll get:
- Free PDF report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools"
- Free Book Interior Template (.doc)
- Free Book Cover Template (.psd)
- Free tips and advice about self publishing
Sign up now:
More Free Book Marketing and Author Tools
26 Free Author Tools
Free Mind Mapping Software
and Outliners/Brainstorming Tools
5 Free Word Processors
& Office Suites
Note Taking Software
- 8 Tools to Keep You Organzied
Free Productivity Software
- 8 Tools to Help You Get Things Done
7 Free PDF Conversion Tools
6 Online Document Sharing Tools
Free Video Editing Software
and Other Cool Video Tools
6 Free Screen Capture Tools
5 Places to Find Royalty Free Images for Free
14 Free Graphic Editors
2 Free Book Cover Software
9 Free Graphic Generators
2 Free Audio Tools
5 Free Conference Phone Calls & Teleseminar Tools
11 Free Email Marketing Software and Tools
7 Free Web Video Conferencing and Webinar Tools
16 Free Project Management Tools
9 Free Invoice Software and Tools
6 Free Web Site Shopping Cart and Checkout Systems
7 Free Blog Sites and Tools
7 Free Website Building Tools
7 Free Social Media Tools
6 Free Online Marketing Tools and SEO
3 Print on Demand Service Companies (mugs, hats, t-shirts, etc.)
21 Miscellanous But Useful Free Tools
Share This Page Using The Icons Below