14 Free Graphic Editors
Book Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
Check out this list of 14 Free Graphic Editors we compiled for you.
Download the 200+ Free Tools Special Report PDF here
- Picnik (http://www.picnik.com/) - Picnik is an amazing and FREE online based photo editing tool and one of our recommended free graphic editors. It really is amazing what you can do with Picnik. You don't need to register in order to use this tool. You can import photos from Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, Photobucket and Myspace. Works perfectly fine on Windows, Mac and Linux. Premium version costs only $2.08 per month!
- Pixlr.com (http://pixlr.com/) - Another powerful online editor. You can do a quick fix to your images using Pixlr Express, use the Firefox or Chrome add-on or the online editor. You can even copy and paste some code to put it on your website or blog! Check it out.
- Paint.NET (http://www.getpaint.net/) - Paint.NET is windows based free image and photo editing software. It is an alternative to other paid software like Adobe Photoshop and Core Paintshop Pro. I have used Paint.NET and it does a great job! As with any software, there will be a learning curve.
- GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) - GIMP is a short form of GNU Image Manipulation program, it is one of our recommended free graphic editors and is mainly used for Photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
- FotoFuze (http://fotofuze.com/) - Enhance your photograph for free. You can unload any type of photograph which you had taken and then upload it to Fotogfuze, fotofuze will convert your ordinary picture into "professional version". After you use fotofuze, you can show off your photography skills with your friends :)
- Foto Flexer (http://fotoflexer.com/) - They claim to be world's most advanced online image editor. I might not agree 100% with this statement but it is one of many free graphic editors. You certainly can say that they have advanced online editing functions...check it out!
- PhotoPlus (http://www.serif.com/free-photo-editing-software/) - Free Starter edition is a good way to see how easy it is to use PhotoPlus. Photoplus premium version is available at Â£69.99.
- Artweaver (http://www.artweaver.de/) - It has more painting tools than image editing options. Artweaver is available for Windows platform and has group layers and support for the PSD file format. (PSD is a Adobe Photoshop's source file format.). Premium version of Artweaver is called Artweaver Plus and it costs â‚¬ 29 Euro.
- SmoothDraw Tools (4 graphic tools) (http://www.smoothdraw.com/product/freeware.htm) - Smoothdraw had developed nice freeware tools such as follows:
- SimplyIcon - creates windows icon files (.ico format) by simply using their drag-and-drop feature - create nice icons for your blog or website this way.
- SmoothDraw NX - Freehand Drawing tool. 100% free and easy to use it on desktop as well as on a PC.
- Smooth Gallery Builder - Turn a bunch of images into an image gallery. Any image gallery which has been developed using this tool can be easily integrated into a website.
- SmoothView - Image viewer that can stretch images smoothly. Images will not remain intact in terms of sharpness if it had been stretched from 10% to 400% (with zoom function.)
- POV-Ray (http://www.povray.org/) - Free graphic editors are also available for 3-D images. This is a high-quality, completely free tool that allows you to create stunning 3-D graphics. In the hall of fame section, various users had developed beautiful 3D graphics, you can check some of them on this link: http://hof.povray.org/
- Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/) - Very well known free and open source vectory graphics editor. It uses W3C standard scalable vector graphics (SVG) file format. Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features.
- FastStone Photo Resizer (http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm) - It is an image converter and renaming tool. If you have about 15 images all are in different sizes and wanted to use it on PPT, you can simply use Faststone to define the size of the photo you want and then do a batch run. And like magic all your images are resized into an uniform size. You can create thumbnails as well to be used on your blog.
- Free Image Converter (http://www.freeimageconverter.com/overview.aspx) - This is another image converter that I have used. It saves so much time when you have a bunch of pictures you need to resize for your website or blog at once. It's worked well for me and gets the job done.
- Zamar (http://www.zamzar.com/) - Free online image converter. You can convert to a bunch of different types of image files, like .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .iso and more!
Share The Free Tools You Use
What other free tools do you use that we didn't list? Share the tool, the website to find the tool and why you like it.
Other Tools Visitors Have Used
Click below to see what other free tools visitors are using.
My Free Gift to You?
Download my 36-page free report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools" as a handy reference.
When you subscribe to my "Self Publishing Tips" newsletter you'll get:
- Free PDF report, "200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools"
- Free Book Interior Template (.doc)
- Free Book Cover Template (.psd)
- Free tips and advice about self publishing
Sign up now:
More Free Book Marketing and Author Tools
26 Free Author Tools
Free Mind Mapping Software
and Outliners/Brainstorming Tools
5 Free Word Processors
& Office Suites
Note Taking Software
- 8 Tools to Keep You Organzied
Free Productivity Software
- 8 Tools to Help You Get Things Done
7 Free PDF Conversion Tools
6 Online Document Sharing Tools
Free Video Editing Software
and Other Cool Video Tools
6 Free Screen Capture Tools
5 Places to Find Royalty Free Images for Free
14 Free Graphic Editors
2 Free Book Cover Software
9 Free Graphic Generators
2 Free Audio Tools
5 Free Conference Phone Calls & Teleseminar Tools
11 Free Email Marketing Software and Tools
7 Free Web Video Conferencing and Webinar Tools
16 Free Project Management Tools
9 Free Invoice Software and Tools
6 Free Web Site Shopping Cart and Checkout Systems
7 Free Blog Sites and Tools
7 Free Website Building Tools
7 Free Social Media Tools
6 Free Online Marketing Tools and SEO
3 Print on Demand Service Companies (mugs, hats, t-shirts, etc.)
21 Miscellanous But Useful Free Tools
Share This Page Using The Icons Below